In the context of its new animated feature films, still confidential, Mikros Animation Montreal is looking for a Set Modeling Supervisor!
Join our wonderful and very talented team for this exciting adventure, great projects and challenges ahead!
The Sets Modeling Supervisor is responsible for the direction and management of the modeling team while working under the supervision of the Line Producer and CG Supervisor.
He is in charge of giving the necessary coaching and training to its team in order to reach its objectives and is responsible for the entire process of modeling. As the Supervisor for the department, he brings and implements his expertise both technically and artistically for the completion of the project.
Our prospective Sets Modeling Supervisor will need to combine technical and artistic knowhow with perceptive leadership. You should have the enthusiasm and ambition to inspire our team to surpass the top quality work they are already producing. The successful candidate will play a central role in ensuring Mikros continues to create top-class feature entertainment.
- Develop, manage and maintain timing and production quotas in accordance with the coordination team;
- Attend and actively participate in meetings with clients;
- Assign, supervise and review the modeling team’s work;
- Organize and conduct team meetings;
- Inform the team about changes and news related to the project;
- Train and supervise the team throughout production;
- Give feedback to each artist about their performance;
- Actively participate in the selection of new artists;
- Support and facilitate the integration of new employees;
- Attend and actively participate in supervisor meetings;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by management;
- Before and during production, develop the department’s pipeline in collaboration with the R&D Director, the CG Supervisor and other department Supervisors;
- Update the necessary documentation about the pipeline’s development;
- Develop and improve procedures and tools to facilitate production;
- Work closely with the other supervisors in order to ensure a good transition into animation, rendering, etc. and support the teams throughout production;
- Prepare guidelines and instructions to be followed by the modeling team;
- Anticipate, analyze and find solutions to potential and actual technical problems;
- Develop and manage the modeling work process (nomenclature, references, resources needed, methodology, tools, schedules, work assignments, etc.);
- Check the consistency of the work done by the modeling team;
- Keep the documentation for the team and others supervisors updated;
- Act as the main spokesperson during exchanges between departments;
- Be available to answer questions from the team;
- College diploma or equivalent in 2D or 3D computer graphics, graphics or visual arts;
- Have held at least one Supervisor or Lead position
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of work experience as a modeling artist in a film production environment, animated TV series or visual effects;
- Excellent knowledge of the following software: MAYA, ZBRUSH and/or MUDBOX
- Ability to work within a Linux environment is a plus;
- Knowledge of an asset manager as Shotgun is a plus;
- Ability to manage a team;
- Ability to train and guide a team;
Salary & Contract
Please note that you may be asked to provide references. Mikros Animation is an equal opportunity employer.
Status: Contractual / full time
Annual Salary: To be discussed