In the context of its still confidential new animated feature films, Mikros Animation Montreal is looking for two Rigging Supervisors!
Join our wonderful and very talented team for this exciting adventure, great projects and challenges ahead!
The rigging Supervisor is responsible for designing, creating and maintaining skeletons of characters, vehicles and accessories that enable the Animation team to achieve the desired results. They are also responsible for communicating with other team leaders and supporting the coordination of tasks between the Production team and the rigging artists.
Under the supervision of the Production Manager and the CG Supervisor, they must provide their team with the guidance and training necessary to meet objectives. They are responsible for the whole Rigging process. As department supervisor, they bring and implement their expertise both technically and artistically for the realization of the project.
Our future Rig supervisor will have to combine technical and artistic know-how with strong leadership. Their enthusiasm and sense of initiative should be a driving force and inspire their team to surpass themselves. They will play a central role in ensuring Mikros continues to create top-class feature entertainment.
- Work closely with the Modeling Supervisor and the Animation Supervisor to define the most effective model topologies for animation and propose technical solutions to meet the artistic demands of the department;
- Participate with the RnD and TD departments in the development of internal rigging tools;
- Develop, manage and maintain the schedule and production quotas in agreement with the team coordinator;
- Assign, supervise and verify the work of the Rigging team;
- Manage available resources in consideration of project expectations and demands;
- Keep the CG and Production Supervisors informed of any issues related to staffing, resources and deadlines;
- Organize and facilitate team meetings;
- Inform team of changes and novelties related to the project;
- Train and supervise team throughout the production;
- Evaluate each artist on his performances;
- Participate actively in the selection of new artists;
- Support and facilitate the integration of new employees;
- Attend and participate in supervisors’ meetings;
- Keep abreast of new rigging technologies and techniques;
- Adopt a positive attitude and demonstrate professionalism;
- Be a team leader: lead, train and support your team of artists, be a source of inspiration, build and maintain team spirit;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least four years of rigging experience for animated films.
- At least two years of experience as a rigging team leader.
- Good understanding of the work processes of animation and modeling.
- Good understanding of human and animal forms, as well as biomechanics.
- Mastery of the current versions of Maya.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of MEL Script optional.
- Knowledge of API C and Maya interfaces an asset.
- Ability to understand and use mathematical concepts, especially trigonometry and linear algebra, is an asset.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment focused on deadlines.
Salary & Contract
Status: Contractual / full time
Annual Salary: To be discussed
N-B. Mikros Animation is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian residents will be given priority consideration // Please note that you may be asked to provide references.