Mikros Animation is currently working on various full CG feature films, including The Tiger’s Apprentice directed by Carlos Baena and produced by Paramount Feature Animation, in Paris.
We are looking for a Supervisor Character Surfacing to join our great Character team!
Under the supervision of the CG Supervisor Image, the Supervisor Character Surfacing manages the operations of the department, including the look, UV’s, textures and shading of the characters.
The Sup relies on both strong technical skills and an aesthetic sense to produce high quality images that are true to the style of the film.
- Establishe and create the final look of the characters and the necessary presets to achieve the desired final look
- Work with Leads & Sups from other Character departments to ensure that assets are consistent with the overall design of the characters in the film
- Work in collaboration with the CG Supervisor to define the texture and shading workflow in relation to the pipeline
- Collaborate with the Leads of the relevant departments to prepare the assets for rendering
- Responsible for the optimization and consistency of the workflow, tools and resources of the surfacing department Characters
- Follow and collaborate on the progress of the tools under development with the teams concerned
- Lead and guide his team technically and artistically to establish a high-level quality of the deliverables and to respect the delivery deadlines
- Provide creative ideas and solutions to optimize the level of visual and technical quality
Skills and experience required…
- Experiences in texture creation and character shading in 3D animation projects
- Previous experience as a team manager
- Strong creative skills and a thorough understanding of the techniques required to interpret designs and accurately match materials
- Excellent understanding of lighting, color, contrast, shade, shadow, and shading
- Excellent mastery of Maya, Substance Painter and good knowledge of 3D sculptures
- Familiar with the color management issues of feature films.
- Good knowledge of the basic principles of 2D painting
- Leadership and excellent communication skills
- Excellent level of English imperative
- Previous experience on animated feature films
- Knowledge of Katana, Arnold, Substance Designer
Salary & Contract
- Location: Paris, 4th
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Compensation: according to profile
- 75% Navigo refund upon presentation of a proof
- Restaurant Tickets = 9,35€/worked day
- Start date: ASAP