The Head of Pipeline is responsible for leading a team in charge of the development, deployment, and support of the Montreal Studio Pipeline. The Pipeline Supervisor does this in conjunction with the Technology Department leadership, as well as studio CG Supervisors and other Technical Leads, in order to maximize the return on investment in any Pipeline enhancements, while minimizing show risk and waste.
- Helps drive the design, implementation, and evolution of a standardized Pipeline Film animation Production.
- Leads a team of Department TDs and Pipeline Developers responsible for deploying, configuring, and supporting the existing Pipeline.
- Works with the other Head of Pipeline, senior Supervisors and Technical Leads to ensure that the Pipeline meets the needs of the studio at large and diverges as little as possible while still meeting the needs of the individual projects.
- Works with Production and Technology Management to ensure adequate support coverage to meet the demands of all active projects.
- Acts as an escalation point for Supervisors and Production Management to resolve pipeline and work-flow issues.
- Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the studio.
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Graphics or equivalent Industry experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in feature film on the post-production side.
- Experience managing software, pipeline, and/or technology teams.
- Production experience with Maya, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, Mari, Substance familiarity with relevant APIs.
- Prior experience working with and developing on with Shotgun or other Production & Asset Management Systems.
- Prior development experience with Python in a production environment.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Salary & Contract
- Status: Contractual or Permanent / full time
- Location: Montreal
- Annual salary: To be discussed