Mikros Animation is currently working on various full CG feature films, including The Tiger’s Apprentice directed by Carlos Baena and produced by Paramount Animation.
We are looking for FX Artists of all levels to join our great team!
The Tiger’s Apprentice is a feature animated film with plenty of action and emotional moments, and is packed with all kinds of special effects.
Reporting to their Lead and the FX Supervisor, the FX Artists will evolve and work on the fabrication of the different types of FX present in the film, while ensuring that the artistic vision of the director and the quality expectations of the project are respected.
- Interpret the provided Design/Concept Art and create effects in the appropriate style while applying the given aesthetic, technical and methodological guidelines
- Collaborate with the FX Leads and the entire FX team to ensure that the overall creative vision and the visual requirements are met
- Identify and address technical issues to the appropriate teams when necessary
- Respect the quotas established and given by the FX Supervisor and Production Coordinator
- Expertise in Maya & Houdini software
- Knowledge of effects techniques such as particles, smoke, fire, dust, explosions and fluids
- Experience in 2D FX and/or stylized FX
- Previous experience in feature animation or live action required
… And additionnal assets :
- Knowledge of Katana, Arnold and Nuke
- Knowledge of Python/Mel
- Technical problem solving skills
- Fluency in English
- Dynamic and collaborative work ethic
Salary & Contract
- Location: Paris OR Montreal
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Compensation: according to profile
- Start date: ASAP