In the context of its still confidential new animated feature films, Mikros Animation Montreal is looking for a Crowd Supervisor!
Join our wonderful and very talented team for this exciting adventure, great projects and challenges ahead!
The Crowd Supervisor takes care of the good execution of shots and sequences that include crowd elements.
They will work closely with the Tech Anim Supervisor (who ensures and optimizes the manufacturing processes) and with the Extra Animation Lead to ensure that the proper implementation of the directions is being defined to their departments.
Under the supervision of the CG Animation Supervisor, the Crowd Supervisor regularly interacts with the Animation Director. They will participate in the analysis of the scenario in order to think ahead and propose different artistic and technical solutions for the difficult crowd shots.
They will be part of the hiring process of the crowd team and supervise them during the production to ensure that all shots with Crowd elements are being properly executed.
- Oversee the crowd effects feasibility and the method put in place for their creation;
- Ensure that the implementation of the crowd shots is on time in accordance with the budget and the quality required by the Animation Director;
- Work jointly with the Extra Animation Lead, notably by recovering the animation cycles to supply the Crowd department;
- Supervise the Crowd team and providing them with aesthetic, technical and methodological guidelines;
- Participate in the development of the Crowd Maya/Golaem Pipeline;
- Address technical issues and identify best practices for the team;
- Work closely with production to deliver shots on time;
- Participate in the recruiting and interviewing process of the crowd team candidates;
- Maya and Golaem software expertise;
- Technical problem-solving skills;
- Previous experience as a Supervisor and/or significant experience in a Lead role;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Creative sense and ability to understand artistic directions;
- Bilingual (French and English) is a plus;
- Previous experience as an animator is a plus;
- Animated feature experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of Python is a plus;
Salary & Contract
Status: Contractual / full time
Annual Salary: To be discussed
N-B. Mikros Animation is an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian residents will be given priority consideration // Please note that you may be asked to provide references.